Saturday, April 23, 2011

lose lose navy reserve

Study week is officially over and just yesterday, my lecturer gave us a new topic to cover...exam is next week. Woah so cruel la, last minute only he added a new topic...haiz...

I found out that the PALAPES LAUT in UiTM and UPM is much more luxurious than the PALAPES Laut in UM. Their watches (morning roll call every wednesdays) are counted as hours (get paid rm 4 per hour) while in UM all our hours are not counted as hours.
The highest my batch got is rm700 while for UiTM, the normal allowance they get is 2.4 K.
What a big difference!!
Furthermore in UM, we have so many trainings but it is rarely counted as hours but in other universities, ALL their activities are counted as hours.
In UM, Only official compulsory trainings like Annual Camp Training(ACT), Induksi camp (introduction for cadet) and Fizikal Orientated Mental Development Exercise training (FOMDEX) are counted as hours. When we have trainings in UM, about only 25% of trainings is counted as hours while we have to take out so much money to standardize everything  from pen to swimsuit.

It's a waste of money, I already got a swimsuit and they force me to fork out rm 125 for a ugly full body swimsuit...
Beside that. the Palapes Laut in UM are so smart, if you don't attend, they ask you to pay the hours...meaning, not only you don't get hours but you have to pay the hours...what kind of  logic is that?
it's like i am expected to pay money for one "shirt" which is compulsory and which by right i suppose to get free, and then because I paid, they ask me to pay again? Huh? I feel this is very dumb.

I mean if i don't attend training, by right i should have no hours (this is correct, there's no hours given)
then they ask us to pay hours back because I didn't attend training... (WHAT? firstly you didn't pay me for the hours and now you are asking me for something you didn't give me?)

I tell you, palapes laut in UM is a lose-lose situation, not only you spend so much but you spend more then you earn and they ask real nonsense requests.

Maybe PALAPES LAUT in other Uni is great but certainly not in UM.

No comments:

Post a Comment