Saturday, May 14, 2011

A&P, and the miracle of my first semester

Did I tell you about last semester? It was my first semester and there was this one subject (anatomy and physiology)...

The first lecture Mr Yeoh gave was already complicated and I couldn't understand a thing and tears rolled down my face continuously but silently due to the frustration of not being able to understand anything he taught. Aiyah, so shy you know, crying in class...i tried to keep myself from tearing but i failed to do so.
For the second lecture...tears came out again...aiyoh, why la am I so dramatic? just because i can't understand tears keep finding their way out...

The next day after the 2nd anatomy and physiology lecture, I went to see my academic adviser and asked if I could drop the subject but he said the subject was a core subject so I cannot drop it and he said "you're a chinese, if the malays can do it then you also can do it."...Wah, this is how an academic adviser encourages arh? (*no offense intended)

I was feeling so sad and very sure that I would fail the paper...so anyway I went for his lectures and faithfully my tears would somehow find it's way to come out, I always try my best to understand but I have no idea what he was teaching. I mean Mr Yeoh is a good teacher but the subject was incomprehensible for my simple brain to understand.I also try my best to not tear but I guess the emotions was stronger then the will to not cry in class. It's really so embarrassing you know...

There's 14 weeks of lectures and then the final exam paper. Finally,on the 11th week, I managed to not cry and somehow by God's grace I manage to understand the subject...Wow, cool. This lecturer always is amaze by the complexity of how human are made and how they function. He said it's so amazing how we can put our hands in our pocket without seeing and don't take things or abilities for granted.

I was able to do the exam and you know what? I got an A (highest grade) for the subject! Wow. Praise God because I know without God, I wouldn't be able to understand or comprehend the subject. Can you imagine, I was thinking "this is gonna be an impossible subject for me" and I wanted to drop it because I was very sure that I would fail it. Tearing in class for 11 weeks (2 classes each week). And suddenly I aced the subject! Highest grade some more!
I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength-Philippians 4:13

based on STPM results, I was just a C student and to reach 3.0 itself was a struggle, I never even dreamed of getting a cgpa of 4.0 in my life,
But with God's grace, I managed to get 4 flat on my first semester! WOW!  that means I got 4 A's over 4 subjects...Cool!

Ephesians 3:20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us --> God gives us more than we ask or imagine ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment