Friday, July 20, 2012

priorities

There comes many moments in life where we wanna be in so many places at one time. These moments forces you to choose and take sides eventhough you wish you could have the best of all the worlds.

Sometimes the choice you have to make is something your heart doesn't want to make cause the heart wants to choose the alternative but it really boils down to choosing what's right for you or thinking how your choice will effect the people around you. Choosing something you should do or choosing Something you love to do.

Now I have to prioritize so I can make better decisions in time to come.

futsal IPT league clashes with RSC Dingoes rugby.
utm futsal circuit on 20-23 sep, while Jonah Jones 7s rugby is on 22-23 sep
grand final futsal circuit is on 10-14 oct but Bali 10s is on 12-15 oct.

I'm just a reserve in futsal but I am obliged to futsal because it's a league and representing my university. We've registered already and my name will be blacklisted if I don't go. I will get allowance for representing the University.

In rugby, most probably I will get to play at least half of the time or even full time. I use money for flight expense. It's something I love.

My heart wants to choose rugby because it's my passion and I love rugby but futsal is my obligation since it's with the university and I already took a spot on the team. If I don't go, my name will be blacklisted, it will affect the university team and my image in the university, it's like I secured a place in the futsal team but only to back out. Besides that, futsal team will have shortage of one player and I would technically stealing the opportunity of someone else who is more committed and really passionate to play futsal.

I admit I got myself in a bit too much there. Next year masum options: softball, futsal, athletics. outside sports rugby, frisbee and captainball.

I think handball is totally eliminated. Athletics don't quite disturb other sports so it's ok, but it will definitely be eliminated once I have to choose between athletics and other sports.

Futsal and softball. For Softball, I definitively get game time...futsal, i'm a reserve.

I guess after the IPT league, I will start focusing on softball cause softball don't really clash with rugby. Oh well, this time around I'll have to take the bitter pill of my sports choice and not selfishly pursue my own hearts desire.
I was really looking forward for Jonah Jones and Bali rugby this year but it looks like I can't join this year. Tough call to make. What to do? who ask me to join so many sports?

What I learn? Do not get involved if you're not planning to stay committed, don't be greedy, be realistic, stick to one. Sometimes Less is Better because you can focus and you can wholeheartedly play the game. Being a Jack of All Trades but Master of None will force you into this kind of "opportunity cost" situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment