Monday, July 16, 2012

reconsidering my stand

Our masum softball match against UPSI yesterday,
Our coach always believe that we can beat UPSI but we are always not confident with our own selves so we end up losing to UPSI. We've met UPSI twice already and our record is very bad, almost near mercy rule. Coach said we have to play like it's our last softball game in our life. If we lose this we lost in our grouping.

We started 'Top' means batting first. Usually teams would like to play BOTTOM first so that the team will end the inning with batting aka a chance to score till the game time.
 Things was ok, we had 2 runs.
In the second inning we caught up and suddenly the game was very intense, we were leading and our morale was high, our confidence came back, HOPE appeared and we may have a shot in actually beating UPSI.

A bit of frustration with some silly mistakes and finally we lost. No one supporting us, a really loud and supportive UPSI gang cheering them on brought our morale down, leading from 7-4, we lost 7-11. If UPSI didn't have anyone cheering them, UPSI would still be having low morale and our morale would still be high and we would have won the game.

This is the first time in UM that the softball women team didn't bring any medal back.

Some of u know what a sore loser I am, When I lose in a sport, I will change sport. In standard 6, I lost 100m against Steffi, so after that I never ran 100meter, and that's how I move on to new events like 400meter, 800meter, long jump then to long distance 5km, 15km, 21km, then to walking, rugby, handball, softball. Stop a sport when I lose...

Now, I thinking am I still gonna be a sore loser? Do I really wanna keep changing sports and running away from redeeming myself? Have I come to a point where I am very disappointed in myself for keep switching sports every time I lose?

This year I lost COPA IBA too, so do I wanna stop playing captainball?

I've lost my faith, so do I wanna give up on myself and change religion?

My pendirian is if I lose in a sport, then stop and change sports. I think maybe it's time I rethink and reconsider whether I should change my stand,opinion, conviction, point of view, attitude.

I can't keep running away from my failures forever, If I fall down, it doesn't mean my legs are broken nor does it mean life has ended.

the lyrics from my favourite song (Life is like a Boat by Rie Fu)

"kudayami ni omoe dakedo mekaku shisarete tadake"
Even when I think everything’s dark, I’m only blindfolded or
It would seem I was in the dark, but I was only blindfolded





things may seem bleak and futile but it doesn't mean I should give up trying and just because i think things are hopeless, doesn't mean the situation is really hopeless...

No comments:

Post a Comment