Saturday, August 31, 2013

true colors

 He tells everybody that I am his best friend. I am myself around him.

We went out together to help his roommate from 12.30pm to about 7pm. He said I could drink water from the water bottle if I didn't mind.The room air conditioner was cold and so he kept off-ing it and when the room was hot, he turn on the air cond. Turn on and turned off the aircond about every hour.
He kept saying he feels like he is getting sick, maybe due to yesterday's running? He felt very thirsty today(running or air cond?)  Maybe the air cond also made him feel like he is getting sick?
He kept singing "True colors" today.

Then he said he has something he wants to tell me, something that might not concern me or I might not care and maybe may concern me in the future ( -->not now). I was curious and wondering what he wanted to tell me? Does he want to say that he has a boyfriend? A girlfriend? An intersex (IS)? His stories as an exchange student?

We tasted each other's dinner and drink. His roommate said he shouldn't treat me like that, eating his food halfway then trading it with me and me trading my food with him halfway. He made sure I use my own straw and utensils when we tasted each other's drink and food.

Later in the car he said something like "I'm sick. I'm really really sick" in a very serious tone.
I thought he meant sick as in normal fever when I heard him say 'I'm sick' then the second time I thought he meant sick as in pervert? LoL. The third time I thought he is really sick as in going to die->Cancer?

Then he told me don't panic, just now we shared food and drink and water...He touched his cheeks with both hands and I heard his struggling voice saying to me that he has HIV, he is HIV positive.

I was a lil relief, it wasn't cancer. Just HIV, not AIDS, so he will still be alive.
Erm, that doesn't really change things. I remember when I participated in the 3R Unicef Futsal Challenge that HIV cannot be pass through saliva, kissing, mosquito:
  • Air or water.
  • Insects, including mosquitoes. Studies conducted by CDC researchers and others have shown no evidence of HIV transmission from insects.
  • Saliva, tears, or sweat.  There is no documented case of HIV being transmitted by spitting.
  • Casual contact like shaking hands or sharing dishes.
  • Closed-mouth or “social” kissing
HIV spread through cuts, wound, blood and I have no cuts so I'm okay.

Funny thing 5 minutes after that the radio played the song True Colors...



Pay attention to the lyrics. I think it sums his emotions today.

No comments:

Post a Comment