Sunday, September 8, 2013

Church on day 4

I didn't go to the Aletheia university chapel since it's still sem break. There's a church 50meters away from campus. I saw 2 mat salleh ladies welcoming  people and so I asked if it was a church. They were so friendly and  I was introduced to more people and they were very nice. Friendly, welcoming and really nice. They took my phone number. The service was in Mandarin so I couldn't really understand.

We started with announcements, prayer then appointment of priesthood of some members. Then was hymn and then welcoming those newly baptised. There was a baptism last month too, Ooh, a church that actively baptises... Next was hymn and then bread and wine and then testimony sharing by ordinary members on a certain given topic. The topic was endowment(appointment of priesthood) and Temple (there's a Temple in almost evry country-people  are sealed there and basically performing Aaronic priesthood stuff) and restoration...

The moment I heard "Temple and seal", I was thinking somethinng is wrong
Later on I found out the church name was church of the latter saints and when one of the member sitting next showed me their scriptures... New Testament, Old testament and Book of MORMON and a few others. I  was like "oh God, I'm in a cult"

Apparently the Tamsui/Damsui church is in Taiwanese...So, I guess I'll be with this church until the semester starts in 2 weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment