Friday, June 22, 2012

an idea

I've started the sports season. Futsal IPT  circuit at UIA (university Islam Antarabangsa) from 21st june to 25th june. Then go to UPM for team Masum (Majlis Sukan University-University Malaysia)<-just for government universities only. I will be playing Softball in the National Open till 1st July. Then head back to UM for centralised softball training for team UM till 12 july. 13 july -19 july would be in UTHM, Johor for Masum phase 2 for Softball under team UM.

Anyway, I had an idea yesterday...maybe in the future I wanna open a Sports Restaurant. The food menu would be strictly Athlete friendly, such as no chili and no ice in beverages. Maybe the menu item can be like "carbo loading for Ultra endurance athletes", "recovery food after high intensity sports", "weightlifting athlete's lunch" and "breakfast for chess players". Then maybe I can even expand to cater for sports events...especially since nowadays the catering for sports events are actually not athlete friendly, it's chili and spicy food like spicy fried meehoon.

To me, it seems ok but maybe the idea is not good in Malaysia since majority of the people LOVE chili and spicy food...maybe I can aim National Sports School and National Sports Institute or even work together to be official partner with Olympic Council of Malaysia (OCM).

Of cause I wanna work together with Sports Dietitian so that my food really suits and meets the optimum nutrients and calories needed by sports-specific athletes. Ultimately, taking sports nutrient to a higher level and perhaps making it a healthy food lifestyle in Malaysia and elevating sports performances.

Perhaps normal people would be curious and wanna try out the food and begin to understand how much do athletes actually sacrifice in training and in food and thus having a greater respect for athletes. Of cause, if possible I wanna make sports food also taste good and show athletes that sports food don't have to be boring  and restricted, I wanna show them the variety and creativity too.

But this is a bit funny since my philosophy has always been "FOOD IS FOR EATING, NOT TASTING", so I don't really have an opinion on food whether or not it is tasty or not. I don't even know how to cook fried eggs. In the end, it's just an idea which seems quite interesting and funny but somehow I doubt I would actually do it in the future...cause I don't know how to taste...perhaps I can call some friends who are food lovers to help me with that? LoL

Signing off with Lotsa Love,
-Famous Hilda Hew Mun Foong-

No comments:

Post a Comment