Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Masum softball selection camp

Last Thursday to Sunday, I went for the softball selection camp to represent MASUM (Majlis Sukan Universiti Malaysia or Malaysia Local Universities Sports council) it's like Local University level of MSSM.
I'm not so good in softball but God grace enabled me to make it to the team. Wow! To tell you the truth I'm the worse one there and somehow God working in mysterious ways allowed me to be in team. This means I will be representing all the local universities in Malaysia in the National Open Softball League.

When they said they had to drop one, no doubt it was me as the gap between me and all the other players is so huge, like a beginner and state players, me being the beginner. 

I was thinking why my captain and my teammates were so worried when they heard that one player would be drop. I mean they were good and shouldn't worry of them being drop, obviously it would be me. 
After the game, the captain explained to me, they were not worrying about them being dropped, but they were actually worrying for me...afraid that I will be dropped out. 

Aww, and here I was thinking why are they so worried about themselves. Gosh, I felt touched, I guess it never crossed my mind that people will actually worry for me. That's what we call team camaraderie (loyalty and warm, friendly feelings that friends have for each other. ) 

Ok, next sports update is Futsal. I'm in the futsal team for UM (University Malaya)
we're having a futsal circuit at UIA soon, That's Universiti Islam Antarabangsa or International Islamic University Malaysia. So we to wear long sleeves or inners and long pants to tutup aurat. Malay girls are compulsory to wear tudung. 

Today I wore a tracksuit and went for futsal training. Woah, my thighs felt like it was on fire and it had a very high fever, my face was red according to coach. All the heat trapped in the tracksuit. The material was light and sort of like a polyester or nylon with nettings inside. But heat trapping!  Just because it's light and looked breathable together with netting material inside and small netting on the side of the pants doesn't mean the pants will not trap heat...meaning it will trap heat. Don't be fooled by the pants appearance and material...hihi


Thank God I didn't face a dehydration or heat stroke...hihi.

No comments:

Post a Comment