Saturday, December 22, 2012

everything's there for a purpose.

Hey people, this post is gonna be a bit unsuitable for innocent people but informative for 12 hour sports events athletes.
uncle Oliver and me at the finishing line. :)
12 hour walk is over but the effects of it still isn't over. The chafe (Become or make sore by or as if by rubbing/Tear or wear off the skin or make sore by abrading/Soreness and warmth caused by friction) from the 12 hour walk is still here. Too much friction by skin rubbing against each other.

Last year and previously in Melaka, the chafe was lesser, it was just near the armpit part. Abang Omar taught me to put lotion to decrease the friction, he said vaseline is the best. Sore feet was more intolerable last year compared to this year. 

I thought it was my half sleeveless t-shirt that cause the skin irritation near my armpit so this year i wore full sleeveless but it didn't change anything.

This year, the chafe at the armpit was lesser since I kept applying lotion near my armpit every 4 hours. But there were chafe in other part of my body this year. I had chafe near my inner thigh and bottom and surprisingly under my chest. I experienced less sore feet this year because I changed my shoelace according to which part of my foot felt uncomfortable. Click here for tips on tying shoelaces.

As for the chafe near my chest, it was due to unsuitable sports bra...so ladies, if you choose to go for a long period sport, please choose a sports bra which is not too loose nor too tight because the friction of the bra material to your body will create chafe. The effect is not felt during the competition but it is a post-event effect.

After some research on the internet, i found put that the inner tight chafe was due to me shaving my pubic hair. And the chafe near the armpit was due to me shaving my armpit hair. 

So, following this revelation, I found out that the natural things God gives us all has functions. All the hair God gave us is not just decoration but to help prevent chafe, abrasion, lessen friction and of cause more hygienic. In addition to that,  it's our body's first line of defense too.

Pubic hair does have a purpose,  providing cushion against friction that can cause skin abrasion and injury,  protection from bacteria and other unwanted pathogens, and is the visible result of long awaited adolescent hormones, certainly nothing to be ashamed of or embarrassed about. FYI sexual intercourse without pubic hair is more like skin rubbing against skin therefore friction that may bring chafe...

HPV injection. the 1st dose was ok, no pain but numb for a while.
The 2nd dose was pain and the numbness was longer.
Next year i'll take the 3rd injection.

No comments:

Post a Comment