Friday, December 28, 2012

plagiarism

This semester I had an assignment which was quite simple but I felt that if I were to refer to the notes given by the lecturer it would be plagiarism. So, I re-did my assignment about 2 more times till I felt less guilty and to add on to my confidence I uploaded the assignment in TurnItIn and the similarities was only 15 %, 
I'm not sure if that's considered high or not but I was expecting about 80% or more. So, I'm happy.

I searched up some information online which I thought could be relevant, then I was happy with myself for being creative! :)

After that, I incorporated some of my past lecture notes into the assignment and it made me feel much relevant cause I could use the information I have obtained in the past and relate it to my present assignment thus making good use of those information.

I feel great with my assignment...Well, I hope all that hardwork and brainjuice to think of examples, think what would be relevant, think how to link things, think of content and drawing up the skeleton before I did the full assignment will make me have an original and awesome assignment. My thinking effort...LoL


I feel okay if people wanna refer to my notes but I hope they won't take away my originality and brainjuice effort and dump it in their assignment cause then there goes my assignment which has the same example as everybody else and my research become a common point and my linking of past subjects becomes a normal thing. 

I like to refer to other people's work and most of the time I would give them credit by citing the reference. 

Am I jealous because I put so much effort in something but everyone else benefits from it? Am I angry because in the end I'm actually not okay to let people refer to my notes? Does this make me a selfish person? Maybe I would like to be acknowledged that it is I that compiled those information together? Please cite me...LoL, Recognize and Acknowledge me...Or better still, Don't Plagiarize, thank you very much.
It's someone's hardwork and you just take it and claim that it's yours?

I've been caught for copying in primary school standard 1. 
I've been caught for letting others copy in secondary school, Form 5 by my school headmistress.
So, maybe that's why I'm scared of plagiarism?

No comments:

Post a Comment