Monday, December 17, 2012

sukmum and putrajaya

it's really been a super duper busy month full of sports.

Hoki SUKMUM first then Putrajaya 12 hour Walk.




Last week I went for the 12 hour walk in Putrajaya. I went there with JohnBen and James.
Met Michelle Chai there too. This year I didn't walk in the style but just a normal walk. My Fastest 1 km was about 8 minutes, while my normal walk was in 12 minutes.
me and JohnBen

The first 2 hours is crucial since it's the when you are the freshest. After that, your time will start to lag. My aim is 18 or 19 place as usual. This year was the first time I didn't feel sleepy. I followed Oliver Ker's pace all the way to reach at least 74km...Oliver's pace was about 9 minutes.

me and Oliver


I rested a few minutes after 2 hours. drank a lot of isotonic drinks, drank a red bull and lotsa water, I also ate while walking. This is the first time I actually ate a lot during the competition.

About 4 am, there was no judges, all went to rest. This is my first time no Disqualified of any rounds...WooHoO!

At about 4.30am I could follow the professional walker pace, maybe cause they were tired. Once I follow their pace, my mental told me don't even think of resting cause you will lose the rhythm..their slow pace was about 7 minutes.

I did 76km with the "angels" and motivaters God sent to encourage me to walk fast....everytime I want to stop/slow down or rest, there was some sort of motivator to push me on so I outdid myself and very surprising I got 9th position instead of 19th or 18th position. That's double of what I expected. WoW!


Sukmum Olahraga...Hidayat was the manager and he never sms or called me for any training. He just put my name in 800m and relay...Wah, so wasted lo...so many other acara but he let 5th kosong. I wanted lompat jauh but he said full already. Last year I got medal for 1500m but he choose to put 2 juniors.

On Sukmum day, i found out the girl who he enter for lompat jauh never lompat jauh before and she didn't even practise lompat jauh...Argh!!!!

Then the two girls who ran 1500m, one got 3rd place and another got 7th place... The girl who got 7th place if It was me, I think I can get medal lorh...

4x100m relay. SO rugi la...we got 2nd place but disqualified since we pass before the changing zone...Come on, I'm running, so the next runner has the responsibility of looking at the zone ma...first I thought maybe she gonna run that's why she stand behind yellow line. But she didn't run at all, just stand at the line...Just move one feet then can pass the line edy but she didn't and I as runner who overtook and gain so much advantage cannot think edy whether that yellow line is the starting line or the ending line of the interchange zone....Adui.

4x400m, I just jog all the way and slowly cut everybody. For the heats our time was the fastest. Maybe cause Sarah Choong and Mei Yee didn't run. But in the finals, we got 3rd...Maybe cause I couldn't bring my mind to sprint at the end.
my 4x400m team

4x400 relay champs

800m. I wasn't really expecting anything but I got 3rd place. I was just 1 foot behind Mei Yee. If the length was 801meters then sure I win. But I'm really surprised that I could catch up with Mei Yee so I can imagine that if 1500meter, Can I beat Mei Yip?


When I saw the 400m, I was so angry with Hidayat, Come on, even I can run faster than all of them...Gosh!

This year no walking so no gold medal for me...argh! Walking was cancelled because of time and money constrains from HEP since this year HEP is handling SUKMUM instead of Pusat Sukan.

My new friend Pui Kwan from 9th college, business student

No comments:

Post a Comment