Wednesday, August 5, 2009

globalisation

Today in class my teacher spoke about modern means of communication.
She doesn't like blogs or the web as there is no more privacy-->everything is revealed.
Pui Yee and I replied back at the same time "the effect of Globalization mar"
(If i was back in SMKBB, I would have said "Jinx"..haha. Neway, Pui Yee wouldn't understand also)

Recently I talk to my elder bro about Uni life la...a very interesting I learn about social websites...
I asked my bro about ragging, my bro said "rare and almost don't have at all because of Facebook"

Huh? Facebook? what's it got to do with ragging right? Yeah, that's what i thought too.
Apparently the chancellor, vice-chancellor has Facebook accounts too...so if there's any hint or proof(pic, notes, status, video) the bully would be kick out the next day...whoa! Globalisation :P

my personal thoughts of the Internet:
It's a virtual library/record of people's life...can you imagine our great grandchildren browsing to their ancestral roots and reading their ancestors blogs? LOL
The Internet also is like a place where you can keep in touch with friends, family and relatives no matter the distance.
Sure, you might lose your privacy if you're not careful...but if you're all "sendirian berhad", nobody knows what you're going through, nobody knows how you're feeling/doing and bla bla bla...SDN BHD also can be quite dangerous...it leads to Depression la...so says MFoong!
Everything has pros and cons la...each coin has 2 sides.
Too much and too little of something is bad!
SO in the end, it all depends on how you use it...

2 comments: