Saturday, August 1, 2009

I'm so happy!

Hi all my faithful blog readers...
I really feel so happy, lucky and just feel so positive today. What a really lovely way to end my week, after such a tension, stressful, gloomy, negative environment and vibes in school.

Today was so cool:
I didn't on my alarm but the LORD woke me up in time today for the National Bible Knowledge(BK) 09 Quiz. Despite the new environment and me being a non- map reader, I was able to somehow find my way around SMK Assunta.
I'm really thankful to God for that.

Praveen got 70% whole I only got 92%.
The fact that Praveen got 70% was really awesome! I'm so proud of him :) It's his first time and the cram plus compact bible study of 10 chapters of ACTS in 7days was really unthinkable!
I was Praveen's Bible Knowledge Crash-Course teacher. It was all God's doing especially the Holy Spirit. Praise be to God. They made it all possible! My God really answers prayers and He answers it more than I can imagine or ask for.
Ephesians 3:20 "Now to HIM who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to HIS power that is at work within us, to HIM be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen"

Some history/background of why I'm so proud of Praveen's result:
I asked Praveen(my class mate) whether he wanted to join a National Quiz-->National Bible Knowledge 09 quiz...(Praveen is a devout HINDU boy)
He said he would think about it.
I said "Haiya, 50 objective questions only mar...if you dono can simply shoot"

On the last day for registration he finally agreed. That meant he was left with 2 weeks before the real day. The syllabus was ACTS chapter 1 to 10.
Keep in mind that Praveen did not have a basic background of anything in the bible, all he knows was Christians believe in this history guy name Jesus and there is a Trinity because of our history textbook. Praveen watched the cartoon "The Prince of Eygpt"
NO idea of the book of Luke but now he has to learn the book of Acts. The book of ACTS in my opinion is the harder book to study...
Miss Moey(my BK teacher) uses at least 2 hours to teach a chapter.

On rainy days, Praveen doesn't come to school-->he walks to school(His house is about 2 KM away from school). [FIY: in Kg Kerinchi most students are poor and doesn't come to school on rainy days] Weekends is a NO-NO to study...week end mar.

Praveen had so many questions to ask, and there was so many chapters to cover. There were days we barely covered 1 chapter, there was days I stress myself out cause it rained. There were days time went so fast and we have not touched 3 sentences because of the much needed explanation and refreshing and showing the connection/fulfillment of promises and Jews' background history and the Old Testament contents and meaning of Jargon. I loved the Fridays for we were able to cover a lot, Yesterday I was struggling to finish the last 3 chapters...Praise God we manage to finish our syllabus. Going home at 5pm was tiring but worthwhile.

I was hoping that Praveen would just pass, but indeed Godis able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine. Praveen not only pass but he did it with an astonishing high results of 70%
Better than many of my Christian friends-->who got the basic of LUKE and heard about ACTS, church attenders and basicly grew up with the Bible.
This 70% in only 7 days...imagine if he had more time to study? imagine if it was the book of LUKE?(Luke is easier mar)

I really feel so blessed. It was indeed a nice day. This is the day that the LORD has made, let us be glad and rejoice in it!

I won the Lucky draw also...haha. Free t-shirt and a super cool "Phases magazine"

Rina said I'm shortlisted for the Rosie Cheah award->I get to go for a Scripture Union camp for FREE
!

My Care Group(CG) AGAPE won the drama competition...whoa. I am convinced that it is because of the prayers and motive of AGAPE'S sincerely wanting GOD to use us to be a way of communicating rather than worrying on whether we would win or lose. Our focus was that win or lose the drama would be GOD's voice speaking to people...

A bad thing was that in the booklet, my school was printed wrongly...it was SMJK Katholik. This SMJK Katholik ar--> tumpang glamour only...Haiz.

No comments:

Post a Comment