Friday, November 26, 2010

SSP


Apparently i hurt/injured my supraspinatus (SSP).
Dr asked me, "Now not exam time ah?" I nodded yes "but today no exam paper for me :P"
examine me, inquire more about the injury, ask me to do some movements, identifying where the injury is.

"Oh, you're sports science ah, which part of the shoulder do you know?"
I only know the deltoid, LoL.
"The function of the deltoid is (something about moving shoulder up and down if i recall correctly) anyway it's the rotater cuff that's injured. Just level 1 only, so nothing to worry la"
She brought a plastic rotater cuff and showed me Subscapularis. Supraspinatus, Infraspinatus and Teres. "After your physio, come see me ok"

Just a minor pain on my right shoulders.

Phisioterapist turn now, cik Faizah: OK, pain on your right shoulder, SSP. Did you fall down?
me "i play rugby..."
cik Faizah, " I mean, not during sports"...NO..."Did doctor ask you to rest?" ...nope... "Hah? Dr tak suruh you rest?"... "Dr ada ambil x-ray tak?", "Tak juga?"

Put hot pack 15 minutes then teach me 4 exercises to repeat 10 times. ok done.

back to see the doctor,
The doctor strap my shoulder with kinesio tape. My doctor is a very funny and friendly one.
Dr Stella said, "This tape Lee Choong Wei wore and lost to Lin Dan, but got other athletes who wore this won gold medals..." haha.
This tape reduced the pain and so the doctor told me, "Kinesio tape inhibits your muscle, meaning rest your SSP muscle so that it can heal faster. No pain doesn't mean you're cure ok."
I'm suppose to leave the tape on for 3-5 days.

The Kinesio Taping Method is applied over muscles to reduce pain and inflammation, relax overused tired muscles, and to support muscles in movement on a 24hr/day basis. It is non-restrictive type of taping which allows for full range of motion. For more info on Kinesio taping visit http://www.kinesiotape.ca/whatitdoes.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment