Wednesday, November 24, 2010

the start of examinations

My first semester exam...
UM examination officially started on Monday but today only i sat for my first paper:
Information skills aka Kemahiran Maklumat(km). It's the university paper so it's not subject related la but must pass this subject so that can graduate wor.

This year i took 1 university subject only.
Next year I'll be taking 2: Tamadun Islam n Asia(Titas) and English 1.
A big difference in the university papers is that it is compulsory for all UM students to take and PASS, but it will not disturb our overall grades. We also won't know whether we aced it or just passed, cause all we will know is that we pass or failed. Cooler thing is it's just 40 question objective.

Ok, coming back about KM paper.
The lecturer my group got was great, Pn SABARIAH. She's very strict but she's very good in teaching this subject. A really simplified method and really relevant tips like:
1. if you see MANY NUMBERS AT THE END, automatically it's ARTICLE JOURNAL
2. If you see "PAPER PRESENTED AT", automatically it's UNPUBLISHED CONFERENCE Paper

I like the fact that this class has computer objective quizzes too. Here i can check much i understood.
I'm not much of a top student, just an average one in this subject but her tips and the quiz really helped me a lot.

Another fact i don't understand is why people who got higher than me in the mid-test wants me to teach them. I mean they got higher marks than me in the subject thus should by right understand better ma.

No comments:

Post a Comment