Friday, July 8, 2011

hi from indon

Hey everyone, greetings from Yogyakarta. I'm officially in INDONESIA for student exchange program organized by UM sports centre. Will be here till 31st July...studying...

By the way, as you all know I was in a deep dilemma because I had to choose between student exchange program or YTAR scholarship interview. Both on the 7th JULY...plane leaves at 7am while interview is at 1020am.

I asked the TAR foundation whether I can do the interview earlier like maybe the 5th or 6th July or much later in august but they said it's a NO because they need to arrange 6 members of the board and the board members are very busy and important people. Takkan just because of me they wanna kumpul for a day right? So I had to choose between the scholarship interview which is a 50% chance of getting the scholarship or a student exchange interview which I confirm get already.

If I don't go for the student exchange, my name would be blacklisted and I would no longer be able to participate for student exchange program because my name was sent to Vice Chancellor and everything is approved and the budget approved and all.

If  I don't go for the interview I would always wonder what would happen if i took the road not taken, would I have aced the interview? Would other scholarships be better than this really exclusive and prestigious YTAR scholarship?

I talked with Kak Emi,who told me ask Dr Salleh (new director of UM sports centre) whether I can go a day late? Dr Salleh said ask Mr Nizam who deals with the plane ticket. Worse come to worse I have to pay my own ticket. So bla bla bla and then I really thank God that UM is not efficient that they not yet confirm the plane ticket so they could change the date of my ticket.

So I could go for both....but it was really frustrating and emotionally draining during that time of waiting for response from UM and YTAR....

1 comment: