Tuesday, February 9, 2010

change

hey! Not really that pathetic la...Today as I pondered about the previous post, Going to church on Thursday nights for Young Adults(YA), Friday afternoons for Christian Fellowship(CF), Saturday evenings for Youth Fellowship(YF) and Sunday evenings for Kids' Church.
The question is: Why do I do it?
Answer: Gratitude for the way He transformed me.

You see, before I was a Christian, I was a really naughty person la. When I was in primary school at Standard 4 I used to bully standard 5 and 6 students...I was like one of the discipline problem kid.
When I entered Secondary school I grew much worse la. I spat on the face of people I don't like, besides that, I would simply hit people and purposely look for trouble.

Now I am changed la..Not dramatically changed but less aggressive than before la. Much different from who I was before la.

I was born in a Buddhist family, later on ceased to believe in God's existence therefore becoming an Atheist. “There is no such thing as god!” I told myself. As days passed by, I felt lonely and life lost its meaning. Soon this loneliness evolved into depression. Then I tried suicide, But I didn’t die… I was quite disappointed when I found myself alive the next day. This period of atheists was/is the darkest period of my life. Worst experience, painful emotionally and mentally.

I thought by bullying and making other people's life miserable, it would make me feel better but I was wrong...

I went to Bangsar gospel Centre's YF camp in DEC 2004 and it was there where I found my God. The teacher/speaker…Roshan…shared on how God has been working/providing in his life… he shared how faithful God was. Then it hit me, “Hey,There cannot be so many coincidences in his life! There’s such thing as God lah! This is the proof (Roshan’s sharing) this is ‘the GOD’” I invited Jesus/God into my life. After that, I felt there were no more emptiness/ loneliness in me. I felt life has found its meaning again. I felt something was different. No more dark stormy cloud in me but a completely new feeling in me. Ever since that day, I never felt lonely ever again.

I didn't become a Christian because of the gospel but I came a Christian because I heard that this God is not a god who is so far away and that this God is real and evidently working in people's life.

"Till by faith I met HIM face to face And I felt the wonder of HIS grace Then I knew that HE was more Than just a GOD who didn't care, Who lived away out there, and Now He walks beside me day by day Ever watching over me lest I stray Helping me to find that narrow way HE's everything to me." RALPH CARMICHAEL

No comments:

Post a Comment