Thursday, December 16, 2010

1st Malacca 12 hour walk

1st Malacca 12hour walk!
Why did I even enter it? Well, when I was in secondary school, I heard about the 24 hour walk in Genting Highlands and I so wanted to go but tak cukup syarat aka Only 21 years old and above la...I promised myself, when i get the chance, I must go for it. I was really looking forward to that day.registration

Now I'm 20 and I heard about the Malacca 12 hour walk. So what else la? Go for it!
My aim was to finish 50km in 12 hours.
1 round is 1 km.
My first time joining an athletic event outside KL. Thus many first for me.
First time travelling almost alone (prince also came), first time talking to so many strangers (asking how to get to A-Famosa or St Paul's Hill from Melaka sentral)

anyway, it was fun la.
Some pros gave tips like, don't eat or you'll become sleepy and have 2 sets of shoes and ect.

I walked the first round in my normal speed which took me 12 minutes.
The 2nd round was fast, it was 8 minutes.
The roads were not so even, i almost fell and i saw many people fall down.
There were results every 2 hours.
We started the event at 8pm.

at 10pm, I did 15 rounds
at 12am, i did 28 rounds but 3 rounds disqualified (the marshal said i was jogging)


Wah, I was quite sad when i found out that 3 km was lost just like that, so i decided not to go fast anymore. I don't want my effort going to waste so I don't want to risk it by going fast. Normal walk all the way.
2am 36 round (minus 3 = 33)
4am 46 km (minus 3 = 43km)
6am 55km (minus 3 = 52km)
8am 63km (minus 3 = 60km)




Prince walking

I reached my target of 50 valid rounds aka 53km minus 3 disqualified round in 9 hours and 7 minutes.

I really felt happy I didn't get anymore disqualified rounds. Just 3 only for the 12 hours.

Anyway I got 19th position among 216 women. Actually if i didn't get the disqualified for 3 rounds, i would get 18th. Anyways i got rm 70. Ok la it covered the registration form :)

No comments:

Post a Comment