Sunday, December 5, 2010

captain?

Rugby!
We played an exhibition game in the National 7s rugby at Seremban, negeri 9 today.
I was on the blue team and coach Mamak made me captain...
I was like WHAT?? ME, captain?
I don't know what to do nor do I know what to say.
Failed in confidence and self esteem la.
Anyways today I was playing in the centre position.

I'm so used to train as a winger that I keep forgetting that today I have to look at the sides cause I'm not a winger today. Thus not passing the ball to the winger even though we had extra...
Besides that, my fitness level had gone so low that my team mates asked me why i ran in slow motion?
I also was out of breath so many time even though the game was 7-1-7. 7 minutes play, 1 min rest n 7 min play.
Some of my team mates was disappointed with me because I reacted quite slow and not observant.
I got ankle-tap by the opponent and fell down...ish ish ish. Ankle tap is my nemesis, I also fall down whenever someone ankle taps me.

positive
I managed to bring the people I tackled down la. Just missed a few tackles la...

Things i learnt today:
When opponent chasing, run zig zag, learn to control your pace. In 7s rugby its ok to run backwards.
If you are not a winger, then DON'T RUN WIDE, just run STRAIGHT because you will be taking the wingers space then she will have less space to run. STAY in your ZONE.
Don't simply throw ball away when you get tackled. REMEMBER TO PUMP legs, don't immediately fall down! It's better to fall with the ball in our hand than to simply throw it away and lose possession!

No comments:

Post a Comment