Tuesday, February 15, 2011

start of Spore 15s League

Last saturday was the beginning of the singapore rugby 15s league.
so there's gonna be a match every saturday till 12 march...home and away.
our first game was against Bucks and the match was at Republic Polytechnic,woodlands, singapore.
Initially the weather was quite thundering so we thought we might not be able to play at all!
Oh ya, Apai was the only "tour virgin"...she wasn't really treated as a tour virgin though.

Anyways, we started the game at 5.30pm and the rain had almost subsided.
This is my first time playing as a Outside Center, usually i play winger. Most of the back line played new positions so it was a new experience for all of us. It was a bit more pressuring to be a Outside Center because there is more responsibility compared to a winger's job. Next, no longer do I stay at the wing, but now i'm in the center of the field and there's more ball action aka more pressure.

I got scolding from Wei for not knowing when, where and how to guard dog. I wasn't aware when to realign and when to be in a straight line. Besides that, Wei told me not to mark people during guard dog cause i should close the gap first! Wei also reminded me many times on the field how to rush up in a line when we are in defense...it took me about the whole 1st half of the game to instill it in my brain that i must run outside shoulders to avoid the opponents from passing the ball. 
first half ended with 3-0, Bucks scored a penalty goal.

when I received the ball from Bibi after she looped, i guess i wasn't deep enough so i couldn't run all the way in front of the forwards, instead I got stuck behind the forwards...yikes...

I mistackled 2x and that cause Bucks to score 2 tries..My fault! Ish, i must really learn how to tackle la.

Bucks score 3 tries altogether, converted 2 goals in the second half. Thus ending the game with a score of 22-0. 

This is the first time we played all locals only in our team.

Apai did very good on her first game...Hani did a great job too.
Halina managed to throw straight balls in every line out. Overall, I think it was a good game and everyone did their best.

No comments:

Post a Comment