Tuesday, March 22, 2011

EPL, bleep n shooting

harlo,
i'm sure some of you thought i abandoned my blog...Nope, that wasn't the case.
What happened was that my laptop went for a repair and since it's still under warranty, so i didn't have to pay the "hospital fee' :) It just checked out from the hospital yesterday night.

well, many things were going on and it was kind of hard to blog cause the sports centre computer lab was closed or i don't like blogging on the computer in the library.

I started joining Mr Lian's Bible study class on Tues Nights. Mr Lian was Francis Dunn's sifu, so the style is quite similar. Mr Lian got annoyed with me and said I got a crook mind as in I keep finding loop holes and think too much, I make simple things complicated. He said I should try to understand what he is saying rather than looking for faults and loop holes. He told me, this habit might get me into trouble. The questions I ask are usually real as in I really don't know mah, but people think I'm trying to be funny or keep challenging people, people might also think i'm irritating and because of me the teachers are just at the sidelines and not getting any chance to enter the main topic or syllabus. One thing i admire about Mr Lian is that he is straight to the point, not afraid to say things church keep taboo. Maybe a bit like John the Baptist.

Yeap, I think too much...this is not GOOD. It's our Asian Culture to just accept words that comes out from elder people as a sign of respect. I'm rude when I challenge the belief system or think too much or ask questions. Haiya, Hilda Hew Mun Foong, you gotta stop thinking too much ok....


Volunteering in the EPL masters football was kind of exhausting and really a bad experience, not just for me but for other UM volunteers too. I never knew Malaysians can be so rude, stubborn and really OKU, they have brains but refuse to think, eyes and ears but choose not to obey the rules...I am Really sad and ashamed that these are my fellow countrymen and this is how they behaved.  Much shocking was the guards who just watched me enforcing the law but did not do anything to help me, instead they just told me, think of your safety first, just let those stubborn thugs in. Come on, they are  GUARDS but they advised me this kind of things? I really felt disappointed and lost my confidence in security guards.

Bleep test again :)
level 8.9, I could go on but no mental strength.
history of my bleep tests:
My first bleep test result was  level 5.7 during rugby training
2nd bleep test during UM interview for sports management course was level 6.6
3rd bleep test for rugby national team to the qualifying round to Asian Games at Guangzhou 2010, level 8.3
4th, program Wellness by Pusat Sukan UM...for fun and fitness...level 8.3 again! :'(
so this is my 5th, exercise pre-test for senior. Level 8.9


there will be one more bleep test next week, we'll take vitamin c then do the bleep test as the senior wanted to find out the correlation between vitamin c and bleep test. So stay tuned next week for my next bleep test result ya...

assignments were piling up and presentations were really filling up our whole schedules.

Oh ya, did I mention that we got our reserve soldier number already? So, last week we had shooting exposure, we used vector pistol, glock  17 pistol, m16 and aug steyr. The guns are really heavy. Pistols weigh about 2 kgs while the aug steyr a1 weight almost 4kg, the m16 weight about 3kg, all these weight are without the bullets...wah, heavy. The sound that comes out when the trigger is pulled is so loud and deafening. It's louder than fire crackers, like asthough a fire crackers right next to your ears...the force after the gun is fired is quite strong also. The AUG stands for Army Universal Gun. It was heavy but the binocular scope gave good accurate shots. M16 was lighter but harder to focus on as there was no telescope.
m16
aug steyr a1. exactly the one we used



glock 17

vector pistol

yeah,another thing that happened was Swee Kit taking me out for lunch, it's part of her job scope to meet up with students and encourage them in their spiritual walk. I wasn't expecting that though.

Everyone said i grew thinner and thus lost my broad shoulders that i don't look like an athlete anymore...

A friend of mine said losing weight because of stress can be distinguished from losing weight because of dieting. Then she asked me what is happening because it looks like I am losing wight because of stress?

What to do? I got high metabolism, My food not balanced diet, sometimes no appetite to eat but when i eat i gobble up huge amounts of food. Plus I'm an endurance athlete so it is hard to be huge as my output is more than my input...

muthuku muthaga is a family movie, really nice ending. I think it's a great show. It's a tamil movie and can be watched at Lotus 5 star cinema, PJ or Sentul Cineplax. There are subtitles but the subtitles are not clearly visible and not always showed but just by watching the characters, one can know what is going on.

alright, that's kind of enough for now right? ; D

No comments:

Post a Comment