Friday, March 25, 2011

PIPJ

i went for Um team handball practise cause my senior ask me to go.
after warming up and jogging, we had to do throwing aka passing drill. I never played handball before because in form 5 when my school just established the handball team, the teacher said i'm too old and thus didn't let me enter the club. Discrimination! LoL.
I did hold the handball ball before but don't know nuts about it.

A senior threw the ball to me, my left fingers went hyper-extension as the ball hit my fingers with a strong impact.
Gosh, my first session in handball and already injured? So my left index finger was swollen straight away, i endured the pain and continued the game.

Handball is definitely much more dangerous than rugby.
the game of handball looked easy but it was NOT easy laa.
3 steps before shooting and the jump on which foot if you want to shoot with which hand. Walauweh, soo complicated leh.

Iced it but still swollen. Pain la dei. Tues 9.30pm ish kena, but friday still swollen.
So Friday 11 am-ish, I went to university hospital sports clinic...the nurse said sports clinic closes in the afternoon, next time come at 9am, it opens at 8am.
doctor checked me then sent me for an x-ray, then the doctor examined the pain and sent me for a scan.
apparently i have a PIPJ injury aka Proximal Inter Pharyngeal Joint injury. It's between the 2nd and 3rd bone.
so yeah, dr said I should rest 6 weeks from hand sports. If I am stubborn and still do sports, he threaten to cement my whole left arm.  I must go and see dr every 2 weeks. He placed a splint on finger. It's 30 degrees. On my next appointment it will be 20 degrees for 2 weeks and then 10 degrees for 2 weeks then ok gua.

Aiyah, how to qualify for Masum? MAjlis Sukan Universiti Malaysia...it's inter uni sports.





No comments:

Post a Comment