Sunday, October 25, 2009

d month of TRICKs?

"Trick or treat!" is the Halloween tag line. Since October is the month of it, I want to share some things about Tricks. One just happened only today.

As we all know, Sundays are usually my economy extra class day by Mr Nanda. Yesterday I asked Hazizah(my classmate) "What time is class tomorrow?"
Hazizah replied "I and Pui Yee is not going for economy class tomorrow. 8.30am. If anything, I copy notes from you ok?"
Then later on in the night she sms "Hilda, morow u going eco claz? i go. u also go yea. c ya moro"

Today morning I went to school, I didn't see Farahin's car(teacher's pet and my classmate) nor did I see any other classmates, the school gate was locked. It seemed weird. "Takkan everyone also late...it's 8.30am already and even teacher is not here yet."
The school guard asked me why I came and told me to call the teacher or my friend because he wasn't informed about any activity in school today.
I called Mr Nanda...he didn't pick up.
I called Hazizah...she didn't pick up.
so I called Farahin..."Kelas Ekon batal hari ini la, Zizah tak beritahu ke?"

yeah, so I was pranked! LOL. Luckily for me I brought my wallet so I took the LRT home, or else I would have to walk home (-->one hour..no joke, I walked home a few times already)


Now let me tell you of a similar incident that happened to me way back in 2007.

It was Thriguna's birthday and Rayna said that there's a party tonight at Thri's house. That night when I went to Thri's house. I was the only one there and her family were just about to go out for dinner...Yeah, so what happened next? The family asked me to follow them la. Went to the temple and then ate with the family lor...



Rites, Here are more Tricks/pranks that me or my mom encountered. Below are just the tip of the iceberg as there are a lot more la But nevertheless, Here are some common ones!

1. on my birthday back in 2006. Basically, a plain clothes malay couple came to my street on a SUNDAY conning me that they were working for the government and have to spray something for Aedes and compulsory to pay RM60, Their company number was a mobile phone number. You can read more about it at mun4ng.spaces.live.com/blog
Government workers won't work on Sundays and Government workers must wear uniform!

2. My mom got a phone call by our house phone. A lady's voice was crying and said she was hurt(bleeding on the lips). Then the "kidnapper" said I've got your friend...(and says my mom's friend's name) and then demanded for RM 10 000. Gave some instruction about put the money at a traffic light and something else.
My mom said when she heard the lady's voice, she knew it wasn't THAT friend plus my mom never gave THAT friend our house phone number. My mom just said yes and ok all the way. After putting down the phone, my mom rang THAT friend and THAT friend picked up the phone, THAT friend was safely at home :P

3. My mom got a phone call by our house phone. He asked "Who is this?". My mom didn't answer him, instead she asked him back who is he? He said he's from the EPF and he asked what's the company name and wanted to know how many workers and their EPF numbers and then he said he wants to speak to the boss.
Firstly EPF won't ask "who is this" cause they would know, I mean how can you call and you don't know who you are looking for?...Secondly EPF will not call la(they do letters). Thirdly my mom is the boss...LOL, so obvious it's a bluff. My mom didn't reveal anything to him la.

4.My mom got a call by her mobile phone. A man said he's from the ***bank and he mentioned my sister's name. He said that there's something wrong with my sister's bank account so he needed the bank account details such as account number and pin code.He also mentioned that my sister was doing a transaction to somewhere and it is having a problem. He also asked for my sister's phone number
Now this is definitely another trick. I don't think Banks would call and ask for personal information loh. My mom didn't reveal anything la. After putting down the phone, my mom called my sister and my sister said she didn't do any transaction and that everything(-->account) was OK. Furthermore, if you have problem with my sister's account, go call my sister la, why call my mom's handphone(kan my sis is not underaged) and why don't have my sister's number? If something wrong with customer's account, go call the customer la, not the customer's mother...handphone some more...LOL



MY mom said...Government don't work individually, Sure got 2 or 3 other people. Beside that, government will have document-->black and white. They will send letter first, not call!

Don't stupidly just give out your name or information when people on the phone ask for it, OK?!

No comments:

Post a Comment