Sunday, October 4, 2009

Malaysia vs Singapore Women Rugby


Saturday, 3rd Oct 2009.

the day begun by blackout in my house and a few houses in Jalan Telawi 6...quite funny that only number 6, 8, 15(mine) and 23, 25 was affected, some house only partial blackout... I pack up for Singapore in the dark la with torchlight and candles. Then I tried to sleep...still partially conscious I heard my elder bro call my name then I woke up...LOL. About 3.30am I slept and 6.30am woke up to get ready la.

The journey to Singapore:
Mey Shuan picked me up to RSC Kiara Sports Annexe...we were divided into 4 groups: Ah Long(my team), Yakuza, Pirates and Mafia. There was 6 games in the bus ^^
Fun la. We also had to costumes and props that we had to prepare before this DAY! My team wore singlet with shorts and slippers, brought hammer, Spanner, paint, toothpick, monopoly money and butter knife :) Even when we stop at R&R for breaks, we were suppose to wear the customs, LOL!
KL to Singapore is about 6 hours la.(We didn't sleep)

Immigration:
Malaysian:My IC cannot be read la...so I use passport.
Singapore: the official was a nice lady, she had a chat with me. She asked me why I play rugby and told me rugby is dangerous, then she told me she had a fear to learn driving cars because of the "Danger"....phobia la. Then she said couldn't find my Singapore stamps...(Yeah la, my first time to Singapore ma...haha) So she asked me for my IC...BTW: my passport pic and ic pic and my recent face is all diff la...took at different time ma...haha

The game:
Reached Yio Chu Kang Stadium, we warm up and changed, had pep talk and game plans...honestly, I didn't understand what the coach was talking about( in the game plan)
I'm a Back substitute with Jersey number 21. :)
We jog into the field and our national anthem went on, we sang NegaraKu patriotically! The Singapore team didn't sing out their national anthem, instead it was the guy supporters who sang the Singapore national anthem...After that, the game started. 5pm

Singapore scored in the first minute of the game and scored more and more after that BUT that didn't stop Malaysia from giving their best shot! Many of our players sustained injuries but the passion for the game made them still want to play the game all the way despite their injuries. Malaysia almost scored once. Whoa!

Coach let me in the last 10 minutes :P
Singapore big girls were coming to score and I was the closest, so I ran toward her and she ran pass me, but I manage to grab her legs and pull her to the ground. WooHoo, this happen twice! what a tackle la, not a perfect one but at least I got the "giant" to the ground.
Besides that, there was one huge "giant" coming right at me with the ball, I didn't think but I just ran to her and tackled her with my head. I thought I would bounce off as I'm a small person but somehow she fell down la( must be the momentum ;D). Using my head to tackle was risky, I could most probably get injured (Lucky me! I didn't get injured). The correct way to tackle is to use my shoulders la.


Game over:
Singapore beat Malaysia. 63-0
Coach said there was improvement in the second half as in the 2nd half, Singapore only managed to score 5 points :)
Coach was expecting that Singapore would trash us by at least 100 points cause Singapore is ranked 4th in Asian women Rugby, 5 years of experience and they also were training for the World Cup as they are qualifiers...plus, this is their 10th international fixture.

Our Women Rugby team only started 15 months ago and this is our first International fixture.

Great experience ya XD
Love it loads and yeah, it was fun...

http://www.rugbyinasia.com/singapore/498-21/singapore-kick-off-preparations-for-world-cup-qualifiers

http://www.scrumqueens.com/news/88-singapore-overcome-malaysia.html

www.sruwomens.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. hey.. good job though u all didn't win. glad you had a good game! :) Rugby.. woo.. i think my bones will break lorh if i play. haha

    ReplyDelete