Monday, March 15, 2010

Did, Thought, Learn

ok...Blogspot is very bad when it comes to uploading photos. Sucks la.

Rights, Erm here are some updates on me: what I thought, what I did, what I learn...

-In Kids Church aka Sunday School,
Myra, Marcus, Kai Li, Natasha and I created a new game...WooHooo! :) It's called Catch me if you Can. DID

-We are more blind than blind people because of the knowledge/ability we know/have. For example, Cigarette got pictures of defects and yet people still buy. Who is really the Blind one? THOUGHT

-(I watched Halaqah on 9tv for a while.) These are a few interesting things that the Ulama said: In the Al Quran, there is a verse that Allah said makan got to do with Devil. Even the first sin is not murder but it's eating. Fasting got to do with spiritual matters also. Kesihatan got to do with religion. Why pray for Good Health When You yourself don't live a Healthy Lifestyle? THOUGHT

-If an man is being terribly tortured, Is it more humane to end a guy's pain by killing him or should we let him live so that he would suffer more? THOUGHT

-Rugby...I went for a bleep test. I was so lousy that I did till level 5.7 only. Not even half la.
There's 14 levels. Distance is constant at 20 meters. We must run when the whistle blows, and reach the other end before the next whistle (<--which actually marks the start of the next run). No rest la...it's all the way till you're out. First level is 5 seconds I think. It goes like 1.1, 1.2 and so on. Then as the Level get higher, our speed has to increase because the time decreases. If you don't get in time 2 times, you're OUT! So, I can't say it's all about Speed nor can I say it's all about Stamina. It's FITNESS! DID

-Still on rugby, I don't have new boots yet, so I just cello tape my boots. LoL. So, it will look cool and SHINY! or I just wanted to give my football boots a plastic surgery...wakakaka. As long can use, BOLEH lah! DID AND THOUGHT


-Went to Sungai Chiling at Kuala Kubu Baru. Waterfall! Hiked about 50 minutes and barefoot all the way! Crossed 6 rivers :) Fun. DID

-We all know that the Bible was written in Hebrew and in Greek. At YF, I found out that Greek and Hebrew think differently. It seems that Hebrew people see things in a much deeper meaning where as the Greek people see things literally only. For example, Matthew 6:15 "But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins."
Greek way of learning: If I don't forgive people, God won't forgive me.
(side note: Since when our forgiveness from sin depend on our ability to forgive others? The gospel says Jesus died to pay for the penalty of our sins so that we will be forgiven ma...now, look at the Hebrew one)
Hebrew: If you don't forgive means you don't understand or you didn't experience God's forgiveness. LEARN


-Genesis 5:21-29
21When Enoch had lived 65 years, he became the father of Methuselah. 22 And after he became the father of Methuselah, Enoch walked with God 300 years and had other sons and daughters. 23 Altogether, Enoch lived 365 years. 24 Enoch walked with God; then he was no more, because God took him away.

25 When Methuselah had lived 187 years, he became the father of Lamech. 26 And after he became the father of Lamech, Methuselah lived 782 years and had other sons and daughters. 27 Altogether, Methuselah lived 969 years, and then he died.

28 When Lamech had lived 182 years, he had a son. 29 He named him Noah and said, "He will comfort us in the labor and painful toil of our hands caused by the ground the LORD has cursed."

Genesis 7:6 Noah was six hundred years old when the floodwaters came on the earth.

What I learn: So, Enoch lived 65 years old and then had a son named Methuselah. Methuselah means "When he dies, it(judgment) will come". Enoch realised the significance of Methuselah's name and thus turn to the Lord and walk with God for 300 years.Only after Methuselah was born then only Enoch walked with God. When Enoch was 365 years old he disappeared(didn't die), God took him away. LEARN

When Methuselah(M) had lived 187 years, he became the father of Lamech.Age of M is 187
When Lamech had lived 182 years, he had a son Noah.Age of M is 187+182=369
Noah was 600 years old when the floodwaters came on the earth.Age of M is 369+600=969
Methuselah lived 969 years, and then he died.
So really when Methuselah died, the punishment or judgment came. Noah's Ark...you know the story. If you really wanna read the full story of Noah's ark. click here. LEARN

2 Peter 2: 5 if He(God) did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others;
Genesis 7:13 On that very day Noah and his sons, Shem, Ham and Japheth, together with his wife and the wives of his three sons, entered the ark.
Genesis 7:1 The LORD then said to Noah, "Go into the ark, you and your whole family, because I have found you righteous in this generation.

Another thing I learn: The people during Noah's time saw Noah building the ark and they didn't care. The people saw animals walking in pairs into the Ark, they didn't care. The people were just being blind to what was happening! LEARN

Genesis 6: 5 The LORD saw how great man's wickedness on the earth had become, and that every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil all the time. 6 The LORD was grieved that he had made man on the earth, and his heart was filled with pain. 7 So the LORD said, "I will wipe mankind, whom I have created, from the face of the earth—men and animals, and creatures that move along the ground, and birds of the air—for I am grieved that I have made them." 8 But Noah found favor in the eyes of the LORD.

9 This is the account of Noah.
Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time, and he walked with God. 10 Noah had three sons: Shem, Ham and Japheth.

11 Now the earth was corrupt in God's sight and was full of violence. 12 God saw how corrupt the earth had become, for all the people on earth had corrupted their ways. 13 So God said to Noah, "I am going to put an end to all people, for the earth is filled with violence because of them. I am surely going to destroy both them and the earth. 14 So make yourself an ark of cypress wood; make rooms in it and coat it with pitch(pitch means any of various dark heavy viscid/gluey substances obtained as a residue) inside and out. 15 This is how you are to build it: The ark is to be 450 feet long, 75 feet wide and 45 feet high. 16 Make a roof for it and finish the ark to within 18 inches of the top. Put a door in the side of the ark and make lower, middle and upper decks. 17 I am going to bring floodwaters on the earth to destroy all life under the heavens, every creature that has the breath of life in it. Everything on earth will perish. 18 But I will establish my covenant with you, and you will enter the ark—you and your sons and your wife and your sons' wives with you. 19 You are to bring into the ark two of all living creatures, male and female, to keep them alive with you. 20 Two of every kind of bird, of every kind of animal and of every kind of creature that moves along the ground will come to you to be kept alive. 21 You are to take every kind of food that is to be eaten and store it away as food for you and for them."

22 Noah did everything just as God commanded him.


Genesis 9:12 And God said, "This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: 13 I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. 14 Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, 15 I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. 16 Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth."

No comments:

Post a Comment