Friday, September 3, 2010

cadet

okies, Sorry for the lateness in blogging.

Actually wanted to blog about my Palapes Laut interview at Port Klang, and I took an oath not to reveal Government secrets...LoL, I'm not sure if the interview is considered Gov Secrets though...so, I'll keep it general and blog about something else.

btw Palapes is an acronym for PAsukan LAtihan PEgawai Simpanan. In English, it means Reserve Officer Training Unit. In Layman's term it's Reserve Soldiers la...I'm in the reserved Navy.

Here's the purpose of the Gov having Palapes in local Uni...In times of emergency or DARURAT, we will be absorbed in the armed force if the Gov doesn't have enough manpower loh.

I passed the interview although i almost purposely tried to fail it by being totally truthful. So, now I'm officially a cadet.

The seniors asked us to buy some of our uniform first by using our own money :'(
The seniors told us to estimate what is our size for some uniform...no measurement, just estimate, sure wrong size loh.

Our shoelaces have to be in a particular pattern.

In the NAVY, everything has to be the same...same shoes, same everything, even notebook and pen has to be the same.

Clothes must always be clean and ironed...Use starch to harden the clothes so that it won't look sloppy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr John Chandra(my 'basic excercise science' lecturer) told us if any boy can do 10 chin up in Mr Chandra's style or if any girls can do 5 chin up, he will award them 10 marks for our individual practical test. We have 6 weeks to train.
I can't even do 1 chin up yet. Now it brings new meaning to the sentence "You've got to work for your marks"
I've gotta start training.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My rugby coach said I am showing no improvement. Ouch, need to do something about it, but WHAT? Maybe try kicking or improve balancing or play more catching...main kejar-kejar, so agility improve.

K la, gotta ciow now, got assignment to finish up.

No comments:

Post a Comment