Monday, October 18, 2010

softball vs rugby

heys all, UM's internet has been quite bad. Anyways, I played softball for my college on Saturday n sunday (16,17 oct 2010). We got third place.
To be honest, i was the worst in catching balls and throwing balls in my team. Not enough people, so I was selected loh.

I came out with my theory that softball is more dangerous than rugby. I sprain both my ankle, and scape my right knee...sliding to home base when opponent standing or sitting on the home base without the ball. So, terseliuh ankle n terkikis skin...

Another incident is the flyball landed on a pitcher's head. OUCH! tears all flooded out.

Softball ball is hard and small. It is often hit by the bat or thrown by hand, in both cases the fast traveling of the ball increases the pain level if one gets in contact with the ball with no protection.

Whereas in rugby, the ball is bigger and even if thrown or kick at a high speed, the pain caused by direct contact without protection is less compared to the softball ball.
Ok, rugby is a lot of contact with people...i think people contact is still less dangerous than a hardball hitting you at a high speed lor.

so here's the question,
which is more dangerous?
A small hard ball flying at you at a high speed or people trying to make you fall to the ground?

No comments:

Post a Comment