Thursday, October 6, 2011

Asian Championship

It was in Pune, India. Asian Women 7s Championship.
Almost 12 hour travel... Yes, it's confirmed I got airsickness... migraine or severe headache starts on my left side of forehead and spreads around my head and then the right side. Feels like someone pressing my forehead. Feels like Harry Potter's scar stinging when he's near Lord Voldemort...haha. Seriously pain! About 6 hours flight and then about 4 hour bus journey to Pune, from Mumbai airport. The other 2 hours is check in and waiting and travelling to lcct.

Visa for entering India. To enter with a tourist visa it is Rm 100 but using a "Sports" visa is Rm 300. Whoah!
A lot of slums and people living under bridges or any shade. Our toilet cubicles in Malaysia are bigger than the slum houses in India. People don't wear helmets on motorbikes. The cars are small and the transportation looked old school...The buildings were looking old and yes, it felt like we traveled back to the past. The cars, buildings, lifestyle looked just like the ones in black and white television era. Old fashioned.
India is older than Malaysia and I thought the older something is, the more established it should be but it wasn't. Of cause I learn to be really thankful that I live in Malaysia.

I guess in our spiritual life, just because we came to know Christ earlier doesn't mean we are more mature spiritually. Like Malaysia is younger than India but more more modern and developed.



But the good side was a few nice scenery on the journey to the hotel. Vit's hotel was just next to the stadium. Balewadi sports stadium. Hotel's ok but always black out and some parts were still under renovation. Internet  access for 1 hour cost about Rm 50. Whoah! Everyone was feeling lethargic...maybe because jetlag or maybe due to the hotel's dim and gloomy lighting. Our Malaysia stomach wasn't very comfortable with India's food. Spices in everything...

Day 2
Time in india was 2 hours 30 mins late...Had morning training. Just found out my bad habit of following the ball. I should follow zone/people not ball! Aki told me that everytime the all comes to me the ball will die as in there's no continuity... After training we went to Shaniwar Wada, it's a palace ruins. Locals pay 5 rupee but foreigners pay 100 rupee. Rm 1= 12 rupee. There were so many couples there..hihi. Then lunch at Blue Nile where there was really good Iranian briyani. The rice was soft and the texture like sponge...Yummy! Then a rushing saree shopping. And then evening training. Seeing the Iran team. IR IRAN = Islamic Republic Iran. All wearing tudung but no Malaysian wore tudung.

Day 3
First game with China. I was going up to defend and attack too fast that I always overshoot and create gaps that the opponent went through that gaps. Aish! I have to learn how to control my speed and go up in a LINE! We lost to China. 2nd game was against Singapore. I should have created space for Becks but i panic and ran with the ball. Tiara was so disappointed with me. I was disappointed with myself too.
Next game with Iran. The first kick off ball entered the try line but i heard Qhal telling me to let the ball go so I didn't touch the ball. Thank God Aki came and touched the ball before any Iran player touch the ball. We started great but our own faults that made us lost. Our bad ball handling in our 22 line caused us a try. We had possession almost the whole game but our mistakes were costly. An Iran player number 6 hit me with her knee at my lower back/stomach when I was without the ball. Then i couldn't breathe. My lower stomach was pain and I couldn't breathe and my tears were flowing out cause of the pain. SENAK...So embarrassing. Thank God my ribs not broken..hihi. First time senak...so I panic la...it was pain to try to take a deep breath too. After I got up I heard someone telling me to go out so I went out although I still could stand even through the pain. I feel bad that the ball always dies when it comes to me. New boots = blister. Was in a rush to buy a boot before coming to India because my boots tore...aiyah...wrong size leh.

Day 4
Meet Iran again...Aiyah I rush up too fast that i created a gap in our defence line...argh! Injured my left ankle la but continue to play on. I feel so bad, ball always lost or die when I receive it. Last minute we almost scored a try but it was a dead ball. Ahhh, so close!
Next game with Laos. We had control of the game. Once again our fault brought the opponent's luck and we lost. I felt so bad that the ball always died or lost when it came to me and so I was hoping that coach wouldn't put me in the game against Laos, furthermore my ankle was much more pain and so yeah, i didn't play in this game. It's very sad that we got last place. 12th ranking. Last year we were 9th if i'm not mistaken.
Coach Mamak and Wally explained that we disappointed them and MRU is pressuring them and we are not showing them any results...Aki said we are the only nation that are not fully sponsored so we should hunger for success more than any other team and perform better...

day 5
travel back to kl...another 12 hour journey. air sickness...severe headache, vomit a bit. About 6 hours of migrain...wah, crazy la wei!

No comments:

Post a Comment