Sunday, July 12, 2009

the mini "mission"week

"Your dignity's inside you. Nobody can take something away from you if you don't give them"
"You quit right now, you quit every day the rest of your life."
coach Don Haskins from the movie the Road to Glory(2006).

Last week had been really interesting...
started on Sunday(5 july) la
A day I could go to church cause Mr Nanda had to balik kampung. Sunday service open worship and the message on halfheartedness...I felt convicted la...I shed a tear or two and told God I'll try.
A devotional book I read a page daily (Jue Lee gave me)--> will be in green for this post: "exodus 15:11-13. Free from slavery and the promised land lay before them! At this celebration of freedom, Moses reminded the Israelite why they were freed. They were freed to serve God as His Holy people. Remember that you were frees from sin to serve God as His child"

Monday
in school:
Cikgu Bonda asked me why PJ got so many churches, which language is the Christian medium, and the rumor about Malay churches.
After school, Hafizah Ani(classmate) asked me about denominations, have I read the whole bible, what is the bible about and what is the gospel.
As I was about to share the gospel to Hafizah Ani, my father came and I had to go home(spiritual warfare?)...Sharing in Bm is TOUGH!
"psalm 57:7-11My heart is confident in You, O God; my heart is confident . No wonder I can sing Your praises! Wake up, my heart! I will thank You, LORD, among all people...David prayed these when he was fleeing for his life. We would expect a man running for his life to be focused on what he enemies are doing or how to evade their traps. David moved to such gratitude when facing dangers cause he knew God's unfailing love was greater than his difficulties. David's prayer put his earthly trials in eternal perspective."

Tuesday
Bonda asked me whether I go to church on Fridays. I was wondering why. As I pondered it came to me that Friday is the Muslim prayer day, so indirectly Bonda was wondering about Malay churches.
Ms Wong gave me a free slot for a Thursday in August for 20 minutes during assembly...I see that it's an opening but I don't know what to do la!
"Isaiah26:12-15. Isaiah prophesied one day God's people would be victorious-but only because of what God would do for them. Instead of lauding the people for their victory, Isaiah praised God: All we have accomplished is really from You. Acknowledge it is God who enable you to achieve those goals."

Wednesday (not so mission)
In RBS there was Observer Loke, in school there is Observer Hazizah :P
Zizah shared with me a lot of things she observed and Zizah said I'm close to everyone in class. Actually it's because I bully or disturb so there is a "forced" interaction between everyone =D
This reminded me of RBS(Residential Bible School), someone said I'm closed to both dorm 1 and dorm 2 girls...same reason la..bully and disturb. BUT personally I don't quite agree that I'm close to everyone...
This also reminded me of Sheng during a YF(youth fellowship) committee meeting saying Why isn't Mun Foong in the welcome committee...
Mr Nanda sounding so frustrated said "Hilda, I don't know how you can think like that" :(
"psalm 74:10,11,22,23. How often does God listen to our impatient prayers? Nothing reveals our lack of faith more than impatient 'WHY' and 'HOW LONG' prayers. Yet God arranged that prayers like these were recorded in Scriptures. Although God doesn't always tell us when He will act, we can be confident that at the right time He will do what needs to be done. God wants us to express our feelings and urgent requests to Him. Pray against the enemies with conviction but also trust Him for the future, since the final results will always remain in His able hands"

Thursday
After school, Praveen reminded me that I invited him to join the Bible Knowledge 09 quiz a few weeks ago. I showed Praveen the text--> Acts chapter 1-10 Good News Bible. He read chapter one and asked me about Moses, Jesus, burning bush and removing sandals, repentance, trinity and Praveen also asked me to comment on the 'Israel and Palestine', and the prayers answered and sights of Mary the mother of Jesus in India.
I explain from Acts as the take off text to the Bible is all ONE STORY->the GOSPEL..from Adam(promise of deliverer), Noah(Ark= Jesus), Abram(offering Isaac= Jesus the Lamb of God), Moses(passover= Jesus's blood save us)
The past is the SHADOW of the things of the Future...all about Jesus. I told Praveen that the penalty of sin is death. God love us and is merciful so God doesn't want to punish us but God is also just therefore must punish sin. That's why God sent Jesus to die--> pay the penalty of our sins and Jesus rose up on the 3rd day and is in heaven today. I also said Judaism is the shadow of Christianity.
About mother Mary, I said it could be a cult or it could be visions(like that's so Raven) or it could be Real but that's not the main, Mary is just a side part(small thing). The Main focus is Jesus. Don't get obsessed with the tiny things that you forget the Main purpose..
About Israel and Palestine, I said it's not fair for us to comment because we only know bits and parts of one side of the coin, we have not heard the other side of the stories.
I felt like Philip one of the Seven deacon explaining to the Ethiopian--> Acts 8:35 "Then Philip began with that passage of Scripture and told him about the good news about Jesus" Told the gospel beginning from a Scripture he didn't understand.
Auni (form mate) said "You are quite religious"
I didn't answer anything because teacher started talking.. I could have said" I'm not religious, I'm just so thankful that my God saved me 3 times physically(suicide, Hand Foot Mouth Disease and Dengue PLUS He also saved me spiritually(Salvation aka eternal life)."
Young Adults(YA) was "Pit stop" think of F1->stop a while for a break to be fueled and then continue the race. Francis spoke on why we come to church.
Learn-->about God
Affection-->Love each other and God,
Serve-->worship
Testimony-->God is REAL
"Psalm 57:1-3. David was hiding and Saul's pursuit had driven David into a cave. But David knew that his hope didn't rest in how fast he could run or how creatively David could hide for Protection came from the LORD. The darkness of shadow could not protect David as well as the shadow of God's wings. David placed his trust in God alone for his safety"

Friday
Wisha asked me about the Holy Spirit...it was an opening but I didn't use it...Sorry Lord! :(
The calendar that Ms Wong gave me last year for my baptism, JULY 2009 it was written in bold and large prints "OPPORTUNITY"
Quite cool eh? I think that Sunday was my pit stop
"2 Corinthians 1:3-5 All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and our source of all comfort. He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us. For the more we suffer for Christ, the more God will shower us with His comfort through Jesus Christ. How often have you noticed that soon after you receive comfort for some troubling situation, you encounter someone else facing a similar situation? It is God who leads us to these people, for the comfort we provide to them seems more credible because they know we have"been there'. "

Saturday
Copa Iba-->captain ball competition between Brethren assemblies. Bangsar Gospel Center(BGC) sent a Senior team(16-20years old) and a Open team...the finals for Junior category were ELIM GC(Ipoh) and TTDI GC. Elim won. Finals for senior category and open category were the same which are Bangsar GC vs Bandar Sunway GC. BGC championed the senior category but was got second in the open category.
COPA IBA was 8 am to 6pm. I reached home at 6.30pm...mandi kerbau and then around 7pm Kevin Wee picked me up and we went to Pusat Injil Kelana Jaya (PIKJ)...it was PIKJ's mission night and I was invited to share on my Philippines mission trip May 2008, Kevin Wee shared on his mission experience in Indonesia and Sook Lan shared on her mission experience in Cambodia. Mr Thiran shared on Orang Asli(OA) mission and challenge the church to join mission works.
Romans/Roma 10:14
Tetapi bagaimanakah mereka dapat berseru kepada Tuhan jika mereka belum percaya kepada-NYA?
Bagaimanakah mereka dapat percaya kepada-Nya jika mereka belum mendengar perkhabaran tentang Dia?
Bagaimanakah mereka dapat mendengar perkhabaran itu, jika tidak ada yang mengisytiharkannya?
Who can share? 1. Those who has a relationship with Christ. 2. Those who have a passion for lost souls. 3.There is no impact without contact.
Allow the Holy Spirit full access. Prayer support and other supports. Without the Holy Spirit we just like other people! As time goes by, limitations comes in and opportunities will close.
Now the word "A-L-L-A-H", next time a SENTENCE, and then SERVICE-->cannot have Sunday Service in BM because will confuse the Muslim community or the same reason the Government is using for the word "ALL-AH"
"psalm119:124-128. the trials and struggles in our lives often force us to turn somewhere for help.The psalmist knew to turn to the LORD first for wisdom and discernment. He asked God 'teach me Your decrees and give discernment to me.' He knew that the Living God would keep him from foolish actions and the path of destruction. This is why he committed himself in learning God's law in the Scriptures and applying them to his life. God promises to give wisdom when we ask for it(James 1:5), so pray for God's discernment in your struggle and ask Him to show you how to apply His wisdom to your situation.

well, to end this post, I'll end with a verse summary of what my week was:

1 peter 3:15
"But in your hearts set apart Jesus Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope you have. But do this with gentleness and respect."

Luke 12:12 and Luke 12:15--> God will give us the words to say! xD

No comments:

Post a Comment