Thursday, July 16, 2009

Secondary English Textbook

I read the Form 2 and three different Form 4 English textbook out of boredom...Yalah, buy the textbook and didn't use..what a waste of money la if I didn't read it.
Why do I have 3 different form 4 English textbook? One I bought the wrong one(wrong state wan la-> Selangor). One is the correct one--> WPKL and the other one is quite old la, Mun Yoke's era (my 2ND sister...6 years older)
I saw my form 2 ENGLISH textbook seems to be all moral contents. One of the Form 4 English textbook is very Teenager relevant, technology and identity contents but too wordy. The second English form 4 textbook was super Green/environmental focused while the Other form 4 English textbook was super literature focused, a lot of cool quotes as well.

I like literature but not the old language la..hehe
here are some of the cool stuffs:


DREAMS by Langston Hughes
Hold fast to dreams
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird
That cannot fly.

Hold fast to dreams
For when dreams go
Life is a barren field
Frozen with snow.


I SHALL NOT PASS THIS WAY AGAIN by ANONYMOUS
Through this toilsome world, alas!
Once and only once I pass:
If a kindness I may show,
If a good deed I may do
To a suffering fellow man,
Let me do it while I can.
No delay, for it is plain
That I shall not pass this way again

"Perhaps we're too embarrassed to change, or too frightened of the consequences of showing that we actually care. But why not risk it, anyway? Begin today. Carry out a random act of senseless kindness, with no expectation of reward or punishment. Safe in the knowledge that one day, someone, somewhere, might do the same for you." Princess Diana

"It is not enough merely to exist. Even if it is a little thing, do something for those who need help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it. For remember, you don't live in a world on your own. Your brothers are here too." Albert Schweitzer

No comments:

Post a Comment