Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Sepet & Muallaf

I watched bit and parts of Sepet, and now I see that most of the actors and actresses are reused and replayed. The families and names are the same. It all revolves around Yasmin Ahmad's life la.
Even in the movie Mukhsin, we can see the "modern English educated Malay family"->Yasmin Ahmad's life la. A lot of similarity between the movies and I see a continuity of flow in the movie Sepet and Gubra. Even in the Tan Ming Hong's love, we can see it's a Chinese boy and a Malay girl. There's a real cool thing la.
I can see a bit of similarity between P.Ramlee and Yasmin Ahmad. I mean the main actress or actor most of the time are the same ones. P.Ramlee is always with his 2 friends and the villain guy is always the same guy. Yasmin uses the "Orked" family. Oh, wait! Maybe it's a Series or Trilogy or something like that?...That may explain the flow...haha :P

"I want to blur out the race., so to do that you have to bring it out and then u blur it out."Yasmin Ahmad

I haven't watched this movie(Muallaf) yet, but i hope to watch it one day, it sounds good.
Muallaf means "the convert"
Muallaf, don't judge a movie by it's cover/poster/Title

No comments:

Post a Comment