Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father

Happy Daddy's day...
I never use to like this day nor do i celebrate it...this day is doesn't really mean anything to me.
What can I say? Hmm, the nicest way to put it is my earthly biological father have not been a role model father la...
People always said, God is like a father...I could never understand this statement.
How can it be? If God is like my father, then I don't want God la...
you know what response I got from the Bible?
Hebrews 12:8
If you are not disciplined (and everyone undergoes discipline), then you are illegitimate children and not true sons.
I was sad, i terasa la...You mean I'm a anak haram? He's no fit to be a father, he doesn't have the right to discipline me and etc.
Then the Bible told me that I have the wrong perspective of what a father means.
1 Thessalonians 2:11-12
For you know that we dealt with each of you as a father deals with his own children, encouraging, comforting and urging you to live lives worthy of God, who calls you into his kingdom and glory.
Hmm, if this is the type of Dad...it sound cool, Perhaps I can identify with this God as a Father =)

you know, the closest I got to a father's love is Uncle KK, he was like a father to me.
However, there are
some bits and shreds of my father's love to me...it's more precious and sweeter than any other person's fatherly love. The little things my father does(which is really really RARE) such as covering me with the blanket one night...calling me "my daughter", and knocking on my door at 3am just to give me some money, lying to me that he will drive me anywhere even all the way to Johore if he was "free"...
I remember 1 night he asked me to follow him to Guardian, he bought some facial thing...I was so wow-ed and happy...not that i use those stuff...but the thought that he bought something for me really was special to me...Later on, it turned out that he bought it for himself and he was shy to buy it that's why he ask me to follow him...
OK, not so cool! However that brief sweet happiness is still imprinted in my memories...Yeah, I may be choosing to believe and live in a lie, but that was the longest period of me having any sort of sweet memory or feelings of my father

1 comment:

  1. well, enjoy and collect the lil things he does for you. Magnify it. Shalom

    ReplyDelete