Thursday, June 18, 2009

GNB

Hi Hi,
Today Mr Nanda still in the merajuk-ing mood, he didn't teach us or speak to us. He asked someone to call us down to the library...

the Dialogue of myself from finding out my result today :)
Congrats Mun, you got 96%, highest for the national bible knowledge postal quiz!
What? 96% also can get highest meh? haiz²...sad la. I didn't do my best...My results also drop la!
Last year 99.5%, this year pulak 96%
Mun, don't lah like that, last year u had plenty of time to study cause form 6 not yet start la. This year you had to balance upper 6 and this quiz...don't be too hard on yourself.
Yeah, but I know that I could have done better. I failed my own self... :( so sad...
Chill la, Mun. It's just a quiz...
Hey, this quiz meant a lot to me Ok! I don't usually care about quiz, studies or stuff like that. Furthermore it was through this quiz last year that God answered a prayer :) I would never forget it =]

Really... so here's the story:
2007 was the 1st time I heard about this National Bible Knowledge Postal Quiz, but I heard about it after it was over la...So I told myself "I must enter this quiz next year la, sounds interesting..20 obj and 20 fill in the blanks"...
2008, I called the Scripture Union(SU) to enquire how may I register myself and take this quiz...Own initiative Ok!(quite rare in Mun)...I borrowed Aaron Chien's (a Sunday school kid) Good News Bible(GNB) as I did not have one. I fell in love with GNB, I liked the translation and the illustration la...anyway
I slept over at Sarah Loke's place and took the quiz at Amapang Gospel Center.
After the quiz, I returned Aaron's bible and I begin searching for a GNB everywhere for quite some time...I just couldn't find the GNB version...Then I told God that I really loved the bible and have searched many places already, I give up.
There was something reminding me "Seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness and all this things shall be added onto you. Matthew 6.33"
The results came out and I had 99.5%, Ok, Yay! Collect your prize during the SPM BK Oral quiz day. Anyone wanna guess what the prize was?
Yeah, It was the exact same bible that I wanted. GNB Sunrise Hardcover...wow! I was so filled with joy and I hugged Rina(the SU staff who gave me the bible). I jumped with joy and was just so amazed and in awe of God.

Wasn't that so cool?

No comments:

Post a Comment